8.6 C
New York
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Home Challanger banks ASR expands cooperation with bunq after 400% growth of mortgage portfolio

ASR expands cooperation with bunq after 400% growth of mortgage portfolio

ASR Asset Management provides bunq with a mortgage portfolio worth 300 million euros. 

Read also: Exclusive: Interview with Scott Gordon – Founder & CEO at Kard

This portfolio consists of 65 percent NHG mortgages. The remaining 35 percent has no NHG coverage.

NHG is a scheme, which guarantees the mortgage on properties worth up to €310,000 against events such as death, divorce, or unemployment.

Dutch challenger bunq is offering mortgages since July as a part of its new partnership with a third party broker.

This option enables bunq’s users to remove boundaries associated with obtaining a mortgage, thus encouraging people to become homeowners. The challenger bank is diverting around €100m of its user’s deposits into a new real estate fund.

“Our users indicated that they wanted to help others obtain a home. We listened to this and started investing in mortgages,” Bunq CEO Ali Niknam explained the collaboration. 

ASR and Bunq already worked together in the form of bond portfolio management.

Bunq also claims to have experienced the fastest growth ever in the first half of this year. The bank saw user balances increase by 50 percent to 633 million euros in the measurement period.

Avatar
Jan Cerny
Jan is an innovation enthusiast and Fintech news reporter. He specializes in news distribution, social media, and content analysis.

Recent posts

Revolut’s new funding could mean a 10B $ valuation for the company

Revolut is about to step into new fundraising and the new valuation of the company is expected to be at more than $10bn (£7.2bn).

N26 enters the insurance market

N26 is partnering with Simplesurance and launched an "attack on the European insurance industry" and launches first on-demand offer.

How are transfer apps building trust with their users?

For a few years now, consumer attitude towards finance and banking has been changing. A rapid rise in digital consumption has resulted in more technology and innovation than ever before, with total fintech investment in Europe skyrocketing to $58.1bn in 2019.*

Monzo partnered with RAC to enhance its premium options

Monzo has reached a combined total of 135,000 customers for its two premium bank account options since their launch in 2020 and now it extends their benefits.