Russian banking group Tinkoff introduced a monetary messenger designed to fit into its mobile app.
Initially available to the Tinkoff super app users only, the financial messenger will be later integrated into other Tinkoff ecosystem applications, including Tinkoff Investments, Tinkoff Business, Tinkoff Mobile, and Tinkoff Junior.
Tinkoff is set to be acquired by Russian technology firm, Yandex, for $5.5 billion.
Tinkoff clients will be able to share bookings, funds, and gigabytes of visitors quickly, in addition, to get entry to chatbots and the Tinkoff ecosystem services, and extra.
With more features soon to be added as the solution evolves, Tinkoff customers will be able to use it to:
• share movie tickets purchased in the super app or movie profile pages,
• share bookings and restaurant profile pages,
• split their bills, request money from other users, and share transaction details,
• search for airplane tickets and monitor price changes using the Tinkoff Travel chat bot,
• create group chats,
• record, send and instantly convert voice messages to text using Tinkoff’s proprietary VoiceKit speech technology,
• edit and delete messages, archive chats, forward messages to other chats, search for messages by keywords,
• send video files, branded Tinkoff stickers, and Tinkoff Stories.
Stanislav Bliznyuk, Senior VP and Business Development Director said:
“Tinkoff Messenger is more than your run-of-the-mill messaging app launched by a major tech player. This is a financial messenger that was well overdue to complement our extensive financial and lifestyle service offering and a long-awaited solution for our customers.
It’s a tool with all the capabilities of a regular messenger (voice messages, stickers, etc.) that’s now available as part of financial transactions, which cannot be implemented outside of banking apps.
But there’s more. The messenger is yet another link among the services of the Tinkoff ecosystem, helping to diversify and facilitate quick access to its various capabilities. As the ecosystem keeps actively growing, with new services being added literally before our eyes, it offers endless opportunities for integrating and leveraging our financial messenger.”