Starling Bank said the desktop option of online banking is in response to customer demand. Current account customers are now able to manage their money via desktop or laptop.
With Starling Online Banking, customers will be able to:
- View their actual balance and up-to-date list of transactions
- See what they’re spending their money on with the spending insights feature
- View, setup and edit standing orders and any other regular payments they might have
- Put money aside towards Savings Goals and track progress
- Manage card controls
- View and export statements
Read also: Revolut Business launched premium metal card
Just like the mobile app, the online portal has built-in security features that keep customers’ money safe, such as data encryption and multi-layer user authentication to complete certain tasks.
Previously, Starling had been only an app-based digital bank suitable only for iPhone and other smartphone users.
However, online banking is a supplemental service offered to Starling customers rather than being intended as a replacement for banking within the app.
Starling Bank founder and CEO, Anne Boden, said: “Many customers told us they wanted to do their banking online as well as on their smartphones. By making accounts accessible on laptops and desktops, we’re giving them even more flexibility to bank the way that best suits them.
“As we’re all spending more time at home than usual, it’s important that our customers can manage their money from anywhere they wish at any time.”